- 6 private suites
- Highly trained staff
- 7 king beds or 14 twin beds
- 24/7 Concierge Service
- Experienced cooks
- Resort-style pool on-site
- High-speed Wifi
- 2x Massage Cabanas on-site
- Multiple dining areas
- Golf Carts available
- Jeep 4×4 Unlimited available
- Daily Maid Service
- Daily Laundry Service
- 14 Paddle Boards available
- Yoga matts
- Artisan Pizza Oven
Exclusive Amenities of the Resort Neighborhood:
- 3 miles of dedicated walking paths
- 24/7 secure access and patrol
- Shaded cabanas and beach restrooms
- Beach club restaurant
- Protected wildlife
- Private boat launch at beach
- Private beach [silky white sand]
- Sand Volleyball court
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Tennis Courts
- Infinity pool, lap pool & kids pool
- Pickleball courts
Chacala is located exactly 58 miles north of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, just far enough away to escape the tourist trappings of PV. We offer direct, private shuttle service to and from the airport.
The town of Chacala is a friendly, laid back community set on a tropical mountainside. Known for great seafood and family-friendly vibes, the many beachfront restaurants have world-class ocean views. At the southern end of the half-mile beach lies the base of a volcano, an easy 45 minute hike for incredible 360 degree views. To the North lies Chacala fishing pier and the private development known as Marina Chacala. It is inside the gates of Marina Chacala that the Hacienda was built, on the very site that the original Spanish settlement once existed.
Chacala, which means, “the place of the shrimp”, was originally home to indigenous Indians millennia before the Spanish conquest. The nearby Altavista petroglyphs, are believed to date from as far back as 2300 BCE. Located between Puerto Vallarta and San Blas, Puerto Chacala was one of three historically significant ports of Spain. However, when the town’s volcano erupted in approximately 1672, the Spanish settlement and mission were destroyed.
ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS:
At the Hacienda Chacala we’re not sure what’s better, our property or the Activities and Excursions available for you. Our custom vacations and adventure trips will include many of the below items. However, if you’d like to add anything or build your own customized experience, here are some options:
Excursions and Tours – here’s the short list.
- Guided SUP adventures
- Alta Vista Petroglyph Tour
- Guided Volcano Hike
- Boat trip to Las Cuevas virgin beach
- Day trip to Tequila, Mexico [birthplace of Tequila]
- Day trip to Sayulita, Pueblo Magico
- Paddle Board Rentals (delivered to the beach)
- Surfing Classes / SUP Surf
- Sport fishing
- Kayak Rentals
- Beach Volletball
- Tennis and Pickleball
- Volcano hiking
Lessons / Classes
- Learn to play pickleball lesson
- Spanish language lessons
- Beer brewing basic class + tasting
- Yoga instruction
- SUP Yoga in Chacalia Bay
- Learn to make authentic salsas
- Open Water Swimming
- Sand Volleyball
- Tennis / Pickleball
- 3 miles of dedicated walking paths
- Beach chairs, tables and umbrellas for lounging
Restauranting and Drinks
(Top Picks for our Guests)
- La Onda Microbrewery – Great food and drink, hang with local expats
- Chico’s – Most authentic local fare, beachfront
- Las Brisas – Best coffee in Chacala, consistently great service, delicious food, beachfront
- Chac Mool – Most inventive and sophisticated fusion menu, beachfront
- Surfer’s Pizza – young local entrepreneurs, coolest vibes, center of town
- Lalaxtli — Amazing owner / operators with scratch cooking in an amazing venue!
Domestic / Food Services
- Daily Maid Services
- Chef service to prepare customized meals
- Private beer tasting with La Onda’s brewmaster
- Golf Cart Rentals
- Polaris UTV Rentals [2 seater, 2 day minimum]
- JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4 Door 4×4
- 10 Person Marichi Band, 2 hr performance
- Musical Trio Serenade, 2 hr performance
- Solo Artist Serenade, 2 hr performance
- Poolside massage, 1 hr
- Manicure and Pedicure
Yes, Juana has been working with us for years. She is amazing. Her household and cleaning and laundry services are included with every booking.
Our on-site water treatment provides clean drinking water from every faucet and shower at the Hacienda. This is to provide and extra layer of protection for our guests. While the water should stay in line with US standards for quality, we always keep an abundance of bottled water at the house.
In my experience – most definitely. I make regular trips to Puerto Vallarta and find the airlines and all airports are taking proactive steps to ensure everyone’s health and safety during Covid. If anything, it has been better than ever with few lines and little traffic.
Extremely. Chacala is as family-friendly as they come. The people are as wonderful as you would expect in a small village and the ocean waves are gentle and great for kids. If you have any safety concerns, please call me so I can share more about my personal experiences with you. I lived for many years with preschool age kids in Chacala.
I spent 13 years in emergency response with the Austin Fire Department. All adventure trips are supported with safety plans in place, stand-by safety vehicles, proper equipment, trained guides. Safety is always the most important focus of any adventure trip.
Yes. We integrated a high-end septic system that can support the TP, wow!
Yes. The Hacienda’s location is amazing. It’s a short walk to the coast [2 min], private beach club [5 min], village [5 min], corner store [5 min], tennis courts [10 min]. The resort community has 3 miles of beautiful walking paths along the cobble stone roads.
We cater to all levels and accept anyone who has the desire to go for it! Contingency plans are always in place as are scalable routes for less experienced adventurers. If any of the adventures surpass your desire to keep going – support vehicles and boats are always available to assist.